Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to Basics: D.I.Y Skater Skirt and Jumper

    I've hid the fact that I can sew for many years. It's been so long since I've used a sewing machine that I forgot that I used to use one almost everyday in high school. I chose to take art courses in high school which allowed me to learn how to sew, paint, and draw. I didn't take much to drawing or painting back then, but sewing was second nature for me. I can't remember why I stopped sewing but I do know that I was a fool to stop. 
    I basically live on Youtube...so as I made my daily browse of random videos, I came across a tutorial on how to make a skater skirt.  While watching the d.i.y. guru cut her fabric and demonstrate how each piece should be sewn, it seemed so easy. I wasted no time, after watching the video I headed to my local Joann's Fabric and Hobby Lobby to buy fabric. I had so much fun making these two items, I hope you guys like them!


I chose a polka dot pattern for my skater skirt. I wanted something flirty and fun! Next time I'll go with a brighter color !



I love jumpers so I will be wearing this everywhere lol
       



- Kalila ^.^
Purple Lipstick



No comments:

Post a Comment