Monday, February 25, 2013

Look of the Day: Oscars Edition

I love to play dress up. Any event that involves dressing up, count me in. Other than watching the Oscars, my favorite part of this event is the red carpet. I love to see the extraordinary gowns and the bodies wearing them ever so elegantly. My favorite all-time Oscar dress would have to be the backless midnight- blue Guy Laroche gown, Hilary Swank wore in 2005. I adored that dress and when I got my hands on a copy- cat version, I purchased it.
Hilary Swank, on the left in my all time favorite dress! I remember that night so vividly when she won an Oscar for one of my favorite movies, Million Dollar Baby. It was amazing! In my Sophomore year of University, I found the dress on the right, bought it and wore it to my school's banquet. That dress remains to be one of my favorite buy!

This year was very promising on the red carpet. Here are my top 4 looks on the red carpet of the Oscars 2013!
"Halle Berry, Halle Berry." I am so in love with this dress. Halle is back! For a while,  the mother role has really taken over and her outfits now consist of being comfortable. However, on the red carpet she showed us something different. I love that she brought back her signature hairstyle. One thing is for sure, this gal never ages!
Naomi Watts is killin' them with this dress. I love the top part of this dress. A lot of  sequins were rocked on the red carpet this year! But this show stopping dress, bedazzled and all has to be one of my fav!

I have fallen in love with Jessica Chastain since "The Help." This dress fits her so elegantly and the "Old Hollywood" hairstyle is absolutely gorgeous! 
I love this white Dior dress. Charlize Theron was featured in one of my favorite J'adore Dior's commercial and I'm always eager to see what she wears. Her outfits are always phenomenal! I must say this  look definitely reminded me of Anne Hathaway's dress at the Golden Globes not too long ago. But, they both get "kudos" for pulling off a great look!

Jode-Leigh,
Purple Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment