Sunday, February 10, 2013

Speed Dating 101

Last night the girls of Purple Lipstick decided to do something a little out of the norm. We went speed dating! We signed up not with any grand expectations in mind but thought it would be super funny and worth a try.
Speed dating proved to be one of the most interesting experiences I've had since being in college. The dynamic was different from usual speed dating (I go to a small school) because I either knew or knew of most of the people there! Still, it was interesting to get to know new people and get reacquainted with old friends.
Thankfully, there weren't too many crazies! Doing this made me really put myself out there. I'm not normally a social person and generally I am not always in the mood to talk to people, but speed dating actually forced me to carry the conversation a lot. The coolest part about speed dating is that in a way you actually get to know yourself a bit better. When 15 people keep asking you, "So tell me about yourself" or "Do you have any hobbies?" or "What do you like to do?" you'll begin to actually think about yourself, your hobbies, or anything you like to do. After talking to a few people I began to realize I used to enjoy doing origami, I like to read, and I like blogging.
At the end of the day, I learned that it's great to put yourself out there and meet new people. I advise anyone reading this to not pass up opportunities to meet other individuals, you just might meet some cool people.


Rachael Joseph, 
Purple Lipstick

4 comments:

  1. WOW!
    I've never heard speed dating looking at in such light.
    very perceptive.
    I want to go so badly, just never sure where...
    Sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! I think what made it so light was that it was on campus and with people we have either walked past or had light convos with. But, we would definitely recommend it. Just be careful of the stalkers and weirdos! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow now I want to go speed dating thanks purple lipstick for the advice

    ReplyDelete