Monday, February 11, 2013

The Grammys 2013

Last night was a HUGE night for music. Most TVs across the US tuned into watch the Grammys. I thought I was going to miss the Grammys because I participated in a dating auction on campus. By the way, that event was so much fun. Basically, there were 22 males and females being auctioned with a pre-planned date. It was a winning night for Purple Lipstick. Someone passed their $130 winning bid off to Kalila and the date that was chosen is sooo her. She is going to enjoy it! Rachael also bid and won a charming young man. I was auctioned off. That was worded so wrong. It was a bit nerve-wrecking, but it was so exciting! I can't wait to go on my date. I probably will do a post on the date, so stay tuned!
   
Back of my dress
Me getting ready for the event. 
Purple Lipstick and friends

Well, back to the Grammys. So, luckily the auction started late, so I was able to watch the Grammys backstage. The highlight of the night for me was the Bob Marley tribute. It was amazing. I felt so proud as a Jamaican. I love that Rihanna, Sting, the Marley boys and Bruno Mars performed for the tribute. I thought it should have been longer, but I still loved it! I also enjoyed Rihanna's performance just because I'm a HUGE RiRi fan. Although, the Grammys was amazing, it was very bittersweet for many. It was just around this time Whitney Houston died. She was definitely a "beast" singer, and her presence is still missed.


Let's not forget the do's and the don't's of the red carpet this year. Not every celebrity won a grammy last night, but most surely came out to impress. There were mishaps in some outfits last night, but let's not focus on that. Let's celebrate the do's on the red carpet.
Well, here are my fav outfits of the night:
Kelly looked amazing last night. Although she is showing skin, I still think it is very classy!
Karlie Kloss, a Victoria Secret model looks so posh but still sexy in this sky blue ensemble! Love it!

I love this dress a lot! I really like that she added a jacket and I absolutely love the print! Go Esperanza!

Justin is embodying his new hit, "Suit and Tie." Loving the vintage feel of this look.

Black is very in right now! I love the cowl neck and the open sides on the dress.
Solange, Solange, Solange!!!! Speechless. Love the entire look. Huge fan of sequins.

This is very classy for Rihanna. I don't think it's her best look, but I still think she looked great!

John Mayor is such a cutie.  This velvet suit is a HIT!
The Knowles sisters took over last night. This is one of my fav outfits of all time. I love it's simplicity, the black and white, the fact that it's a suit and one of my fav hairstyles is definitely the slick back. This outfit says POWER WOMAN all the way!


Let's give it up for the Power Couples!


Katy Perry and John Mayor looked amazing at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party! They look so cute together. I hear wedding bells!
Chrissy Teigen, John Legend's beau is rocking that dress! Her legs look amazing
Power couple looking hot! I just love the way JayZ is touching Beyonce's leg in this picture. Love it.
Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake are one of my fav couples. I absolutely love them together and as always, they look great!

As Rihanna says, "Nobody's business, but mine and my baby," I ain't worrying lol.  But, I must admit their outfits did compliment each other that night.

Jode-Leigh Nembhard,
Purple Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment