Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Solange Live in Toronto

tumblr_mpy42kF3bq1qapzm0o1_500Going to school in Huntsville can have its perks, but it definitely has its downfalls. I’m always missing my favorite singers when they come into town! Every time a favorite singer of mine visits Toronto, I’m in Huntsville at school. One of the things on my to do list for this summer was to make up for lost time. So, when I heard Solange was coming to Toronto, I had to purchase a ticket to her concert, right then and there.I have been a true fan of Solange since 2003 and never turned back. Not only is she my birthday buddy, since our birthdays are three days apart, but I genuinely love her music, the way she embodies life and of course her eccentric style.
tumblr_mpzkdkOLl41rzrnyqo1_500 I truly had a blast on Saturday night. Solange entered on stage looking dope with her long braids and a tribal print suit.To start kthe  concert off, she did a rendition of “His Eye Is On The Sparrow,” dedicated to Trayvon Martin and the verdict of “not guilty” that surfaced tumblr_mpzkdkOLl41rzrnyqo2_250tumblr_mpzkdkOLl41rzrnyqo3_250around that time. Then, she went on to one of my faves, “T.O.N.Y.“ She sang three of my faves in between such as: ‘”Losing You,” “Lovers In A Parking Lot,” and “Sandcastle Disco.” At the end, she ‘punked’ me because she said, “goodnight” but clearly forgot to sing my absolute fave, “I Decided.” She then came back on stage and ended the concert right! Saturday night will be a night to remember. I’m super stocked that I finally got to see Solange live in concert!
Solange singing one of my faves, "Lovers In A Parking Lot" 
Solange singing, "Locked In Closets"
       

          Snippet of Solange dancing to, "Losing You"
Do you hear my voice in the background? lol 
Solange ending it off right with "I Decided"

l










Jode-Leigh,
Purple LipstickSmile with tongue out

No comments:

Post a Comment