Friday, October 18, 2013

Versace! Versace! Versace!


M.I.A. is just so cool. She's so smart! Her music videos are always well thought out and always something to look forward to. 

So, when I heard that M.I.A. was thinking about doing a collection, I knew immediately it was going to be dope. Two weeks ago I was so excited to hear that her collection had finally hit stores! 

I love the thought process behind this collection. The way M.I.A. came up with this collection is so clever. She turned "bootleg street wear" to a full blown collection. When interviewed by WWD, M.I.A said, "When I was contacted by Versace, it seemed a great idea to invert the circle. Versace's designs have always been copied, now it's Versace that copies the copies, so those that copy must copy the copies. So this will continue."

That's a dope concept!

Jode-Leigh,
Purple Lipstick







No comments:

Post a Comment